Last updated: September 26, 2018.
- When you access or use our mobile application (the “App”) and our website (available at www.zeekshop.com) (the “Site”) (collectively, the “Service”);
- When you create your account for the purposes of using the Service (“Account”);
- When you contact us in connection with the Service.
The Service provides you with a platform to buy gift cards offered by various third party brands and businesses (“Sellers”) for your personal non-commercial use or as a gift for others (collectively, the “Gift Cards”). The Gift Cards will be provided with respect to the Seller’s applicable branch/store/location in the UK. You must open a User account (“Account”) either via your Facebook Account, your Google Plus Account or by registering through our Service directly. You may delete your Account at any time by sending an email to the Zeek support team at SUPPORT@ZEEKSHOP.COM. SUPPORT@ZEEKSHOP.COM.
Please note that you are not obligated to provide us with Personal Data, but, as we describe below, this will have a direct effect on what services and features, we can and cannot offer you under the Service.
Table of contents:
- What data we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used
- How we protect and store your Personal Data
- How we share your Personal Data
- Additional information regarding transfers of Personal Data
- Your Rights
- Use by Children
- How can I delete my account?
- Links to and interaction with third party products
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Use of Google Analytics
- Non-Personal Data we collect from you
- How to Contact us
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT, WHY WE COLLECT IT, AND HOW IT IS USED
Data we collect
- Data you provide to us (Voluntarily) when using the Service or creating an account.
- Cookies (see below)
Why is the data collected and for what purposes?
- Creating an Account
- Processing the order of the product
- To provide you with a Gift Card
- Performing/executing the purchase of the Gift Card
- To contact you when you submit inquiries/complaints.
Necessary to provide you with Gift Cards that you ordered and to process your payment.
Necessary to validate the purchase and so to protect your interest of misuse of your Account or to protect the Seller’s interest that no fraud will occur when there is a purchase of Gift Card.
To Notify you of a change to the Service.
Period of storage
Until you send a deletion request or unsubscribe or we proactively decide to delete the data.
Please note that under applicable laws, we may be required to retain the data for a longer or a shorter period.
Consequences of not providing the data
Cannot create an Account.
Cannot process the Gift Card order and perform the Terms and Conditions.
Cannot process and help an inquiry of a User.
- HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE YOUR DATA
- Security. We have implemented appropriate technical, organizational and security measures designed to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to such information appropriate to the nature of the information concerned. All data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or the secure servers of our payment processor or other third party providers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Retention of your Personal Data. In addition to the retention periods mentioned in Section 1 above, in some circumstances we may store your Personal Data for longer periods of time, for example (i) where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements, or (ii) for us to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or (iii) if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Data or dealings.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In addition to the recipients described in Section 1, we may share your
information as follows:
- To the extent necessary, with regulators, to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies or if required to do so by court order;
- If, in the future, we sell or transfer some or all of our business or assets to a third party, we will (to the minimum extent required) disclose information to a potential or actual third party purchaser of our business or assets. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Data in connection with the foregoing events.
- Where you have provided your consent to us sharing the Personal Data (e.g., where you provide us with marketing consents or opt-in to optional additional services or functionality); and
- Where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before any Personal Data is disclosed.
- With a member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- With the Sellers for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Credit card and payment processors in order to process your payments for receipt of the Gift Cards.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site.
- Credit reference, identify verification, fraud and security service agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score and identity.
- With your explicit approval prior to disclosure.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
Where we transfer your Personal Data outside of EU/EEA, for example to third parties who help provide our products and services, we will obtain contractual commitments from them to protect your Personal Data.Some of these assurances are well recognized certification schemes like the EU – US Privacy Shield for the protection of Personal Data transferred from within the EU to the United States; orWhere we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before any Personal Data is disclosed.
- YOUR RIGHTS
The following rights (which may be subject to certain exemptions or derogations), shall apply to certain individuals:
- You have a right to access information held about you. Your right of access is normally be exercised free of charge, however we reserve the right to charge an appropriate administrative fee where permitted by applicable law;
- You have the right to request that we amend any Personal Data we hold that it is inaccurate or misleading.
- You have the right to request the erasure of the Personal Data that relates to you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your data, for example for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- The right to object to or to request restriction of the processing. However, there may be circumstances in which we are legally entitled to refuse your request;
- The right to data portability. This means that you may have the right to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit that data to another controller;
- You have the right to object to profiling;
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e., your place of habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) at any time. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before you contact your local supervisory authority
- The right to withdraw your consent. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to continue processing your data, in particular if the processing is required to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- You also have a right to request details of the basis on which your Personal Data is transferred outside the European Economic Area, but you acknowledge that data transfer agreements may need to be partially redacted for reasons of commercial confidentiality.
- USE BY CHILDREN
We do not offer our products or services for use by children. If you are under 18, YOU MAY NOT use the Service, or provide any information to us without involvement of a parent or a guardian. We do not knowingly collect information from, and/or about children.
- HOW CAN I DELETE MY ACCOUNT?
Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing email@example.com. If you terminate your Account, any association between your Account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your Account.
- LINKS TO AND INTERACTION WITH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
- NON-PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Please note that we also collect from you anonymous information that does not recognize individuals or can be linked to a specific User (“Non-Personal Information”). The Company is not aware of the identity of the User from which it collected such personal information. Non-Personal Information is any public information, which is available to the Company as Users make use of the App and/or Site. Non-Personal Information collected by the Company, including technical information and information about User behavior, and may include, among other things, the identity of the operating system, screen resolution, the type and version of the device, the User’s mobile provider, browser type, and the length of time User is on the Service and so on.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this notice and the data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.